Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My poker Blog

Well Everyone seems to be doing it so why not me and also for my own sanity.

Ive only been playing online for a year so im quite an average player. I set myself a bankroll of a 100 euro a month and if i bust within the month, then i dont play until the next month. Thats happened to me twice in the past 11 months, and I am happy to report that i am up the amazing sum of 120 Euro to the end of November. Im happy with that as i only tend to play low level STTs/MTTs, winning a few £2 &£5 MTTs. cash games have been a no go area and shall remain that way for a while yet.

I've just started playing Live and i must say the experience is so much more differant and so much more better.

So far in my 3 outings (all to the magnificent SE),
Ive finished
11th in a 100FO
12th in a 25Rebuy (didnt rebuy but took the topup)
and an on the bubble 6th in a 25Rebuy (didnt rebuy but took the topup).

The first two outings were extremly nerve reckon and on the second outing the guy to my left told me not i dont have to be so nervous as my shaking hands took in the chips from an All in situation where i have AK and rags on the flop.

The third outing I didnt feel nervous at all, and I can only get better with experience.

Before playing live I was the kind of player who just played the cards, but since starting to play live, Ive learned that playing the player can be a bigger factor.

So as i finish off this first post (not that anyone will ever read it, but hey it keeps my thinking about poker or should i say obsessed). Ill sign out by reminding myself "Get to know your opponents"

2 Comments:

Blogger Chief_OHara said...

Good Luck with the blog Washout .... give some more details on your SE visits.


I'm on a blog 'sabbitical' at the moment :)

Culchie

2:54 AM  
Blogger Rory Cartwright said...

Good luck washout. Havent been down to the SE yet but heard its pretty good

roryc

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home